The Dalai Lama or His Holiness as we know him as a world leader. His positive quotes are very inspiring and life changing. As a spiritual leader, he is always keen to spread positivity in people’s lives every minute of the day without a pause on his ambition to bring peace in our world. We are sharing 25 of Dalai Lama’s positive quotes to bring the best in you and in every area of your life.
1.“Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.”
2.“Time passes unhindered. When we make mistakes, we cannot turn the clock back and try again. All we can do is use the present well.”
3. “If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience, and understanding.”
4. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves”
5. “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.”
6. “Although you may not always be able to avoid difficult situations, you can modify the extent to which you can suffer by how you choose to respond to the situation.”
7. “A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage.”
8. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
9. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
10. “Everyday, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
11. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation.”
12. “Silence is sometimes the best answer”
13. “The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.”
14. “In our struggle for freedom, the truth is the only weapon we possess.”
15. “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
16. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
17. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.”
18. “To remain indifferent to the challenges we face is indefensible. If the goal is noble, whether or not it is realized within our lifetime is largely irrelevant. What we must do therefore is to strive and persevere and never give up.
19. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
20. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
21. “The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness”
22. “This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is the simple kindness.”
23. “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
24. “It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.”
25. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.”
What we fill our mind with what we will become in our actions and thoughts in life. Apply these 25 Dalai Lama’s positive quotes in your life right now and feel the change within.